Current Grant Opportunities
We are offering seed grants of up to $5000 to support projects and professional development that will help to expand the AIAI Network.
Fall 2023 Seed grant opportunity
We are eager to expand the AIAI Network by supporting:
- New projects and other research collaborations at the intersection of AI and the humanities that are taking place in and around Atlanta;
- New projects and collaborations about the intersection of AI and Atlanta; and
- Professional development funds to enable new AIAI members (that’s you!) to support events of their own, such as reading groups, training workshops, speaker series, community events, etc.
- We will consider funding requests for up to $5,000.
- In line with Mellon policy, institutions may not charge overhead to these grants.
- The deadline for this application cycle is
November 1stNovember 13th, 2023. Note extended deadline!
- Funds will be distributed no later than January 31st, 2024 and must be used by August 1st, 2024.
- Should your proposal be funded, you will be required to present your work at a public event in Fall 2024.
- Faculty, staff (including library staff), graduate students, and members of Atlanta-based community organizations are all encouraged to apply.
- Project teams must include at least one humanities researcher.
- Proposals must be situated in one or both of the following areas: AI and the humanities, and AI and Atlanta.
- Project budgets must adhere to the spending guidelines outlined by the Mellon foundation (see FAQ for details).
- Please see the application form for all required application components.
- Proposals must adhere to the requirements stated above.
- Proposals will be evaluated in terms of quality and impact (including social impact).
- For professional development funds, we will prioritize applicants from outside of the Steering Committee’s home institutions (Emory, Clark Atlanta, and Georgia Tech) and/or those who do not have other sources of funding available to them.
Please consult the FAQ for any additional questions. Thank you!